Tuesday, June 8, 2010

This time next week Im leaving for AFRICA!!!

Whew, it has been a CRAZY week! I am very thankful it is the weekend! I have started to pack over the last few days and I have most things at least separated and organized if not packed. Josh and I went shopping at Walmart on Sunday for necessity items for us such as bug spray, sunscreen, protein bars, scentless soap (not easy to find),etc but MOST importantly to get stuff for the 17 plus kids whom I have never met but have already captured my heart. I felt like a kid in a candy store as we circled laps around Walmart for 2 hours picking out things to take to the kids. One of Josh's favorite purchases (I think) is a small nerf basketball and rim to play with the boys. Me, I liked picking out "girlie" things for all the little girls. They all have the heads shaved for lice purposes so I wanted to get them headbands, fingernail polish, and of course pink!!! Then we added to our shopping in Auburn yesterday with a trip to the Dollar Store with my mom. I was in total AWE! This store rocked and EVERYTHING was a $1! Ive been to a dollar store before but this one was huge and had such a variety of stuff!! I will post pictures soon to show you all the stuff we are packing. We have also been very blessed to receive many donations to take with us. Thank you!!!

I feel eternally grateful that God has blessed me SO much. My biggest prayer is that I can show these children and every person that I encounter in Uganda the love of Christ. In the eyes of the Lord there is no race, age, social or financial differences.... there is just abundant grace, mercy, love, and HOPE!

No comments:

Post a Comment