Friday, June 18, 2010

Peanut Butter and Fingernail Polish....

After many days of packing and organizing for the trip I would of never thought we would of been stopped through the checkin/security process for PEANUT BUTTER & FINGERNAIL POLISH! Yep, many hours spent strategically packing each checked bag to ensure it wasn't over 50 lbs to avoid a fee. I was on my hands and knees trying to read the scale my sweet neighbor let me borrow (the scale was 58 years old she informed me, she got it as a wedding gift I think!) All of this to not even get our bags weighed on a scale at checkin. The lady just picked them up and said "If I can pick it up its good." Then we find out that in Amsterdam we get to leave our bags checked in at the airport so we don't have to worry with our 4 checked bags during our quick stay!!! Thanks to Mark we were able to get all 8 bags from my house to the airport and all checked in! We appreciate your help and cannot thank you enough.
So our bags are checked and we proceed on through security...... And of course Josh's bags get stopped. She started unpacking both his carry-ons and confiscates a jar of peanut butter (neither of us remember ever packing it in the backpack) and she questions him about the 30 + bottles of little girls fingernail polish!!! Hahaha, it was so funny to watch his face and listen to him explain why it was in his bag. Thankfully she let us keep the nail polish (its for the girls at the orphanage) but the peanut butter was taken :( Josh said that he purposely brought it to the airport for the security people to eat, she just looked at him (like he was crazy....) and was like "sir we don't get to keep the food we confiscate." Then Josh was said "Im glad you stopped me it makes me proud to be an American." Only Josh..... Well, we are only an hour or so into our traveling adventure and have had a few good laughs!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment