Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy Belated Birthday America!!!


Hard to believe that we have been back from Uganda for 1 week..... Time flies. Its still good to be back but also sad to be gone. When your eyes are opened to so much need but also SO much more JOY it changes you. Its hard to describe and put into words everything we experienced internally during our trip but I do know that it left me more humbled and wanting to be more "thankful in all circumstances" 1 Thessalonians 5:18. How often do we go through a day (HONESTLY) and NOT give thanks. Regardless of the days "circumstances" (flat tire, bad day at work, traffic, dirty house, etc) the word tells us to give THANKS in ALL circumstances. Not that its easy or comes naturally at times but beyond life's troubles and bumps in the road everyday we serve a sovereign God who is almighty, everlasting, omnipresent, merciful, gracious, and unfailing. He is our a ROCK and even when it doesn't come easy with His strength we can choose to be THANKFUL! His word proclaims that "....His favor last a lifetime. Weeping may last through the night, but JOY comes with the morning." Psalm 30:5 AMEN! Thank God for each day we are given. A new day to wake up and be joyful and thankful!

Even though I miss my friends in Africa and all the people we met. I was able to spend July 4th weekend with my family at the beach...... It was SO great to see everyone and give them their "happy's" from Uganda. But most of all I was able to see with my own eyes my sweet niece WALK!!! She had started to take one or two steps before we left for out trip but while I was gone se ventured out and is now fully walking. I say she started walking on my Birthday...... just makes me feel better since I was away. But I think she truly walked consistently a few days later but whats a few days :) Ill still say my birthday!!! We had a nice relaxing weekend...... there are people and equipment there "searching" for oil but NO OIL that I could see and NO smells either! But because the area around the islands were blocked on the bay we hung out pool side and grilled out for the 4th! Thank you Donnie for always opening up your house to us! You are a great host and we appreciate your kindness. On the way home we got to stop through Elba to see Josh's family and hang out with them. They cooked out a yummy lunch and we got to just relax and visit..... Our next trip will have to be longer!

Here are some pictures from the weekend!
The last picture is of Calleigh walking around with her toy giraffe we got her from Africa! By the smile on her face I think she liked it..... PRICELESS! How blessed am I that she is my niece!!! Such a sweet little girl who is growing fast..... I love you more than you will ever know sweet Calleigh Claire!





No comments:

Post a Comment