Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Desert Song


This is a Hillsong song I heard while at the ReCreate women's conference at our church the other weekend. Even though I have heard this song a couple dozen times, this particular time it touched my heart. Especially the bridge that I have in bold below. While worshipping the Holy Spirit spoke to me and reminded me that regardless of what I am walking through at this very moment in EVERY season there is ALWAYS a reason to worship/praise/give thanks to the living God. To be honest these last two weeks have been rough, and that's probably an understatement. I have cried, been angry, stressed, & broken. But I remind myself that God never promised a perfect life without problems. He knows how we feel & what we go through because He walked this earth but did it without sin. Our pastor has spoken recently on struggles and how the valleys are where character is built. And one of my favor statements he said.....God is not worried about your comfort his focus is on your character..... He didn't create earth for us to live this perfect/comfy life. Yes, he created wonderful things for us to enjoy but what was more important than our enjoyment was to build up the body of Christ to be more like Jesus. "The Lord is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love." Psalm 145:8 (I sure know I can work on these areas from time to time.... A LOT!!!) Most of the time the character traits that Jesus talks about in the bible are developed during trials. I want to learn how to suffer well...... where my circumstances & challenges don't hinder me from exuding the joy & love of Christ that lives inside of me. I want the people that I see day to day that don't know my hardships to NOT see sadness but see JOY..... not because I have it all together or not hurting but because...." He who lives in you is greater (mightier) than he who is in the world." 1 John 4:4

My faith & hope are put in Him and I am confident in "Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to Him be the glory...." Ephesians 3:20-21

The power that raised Christ from the dead is the same power that lives inside each of us. How can that thought not be empowering..... His power that lives in us makes us CONQUERORS!!!! I am NOT trying to act/write like I have it all together, I am walking all this out day by day and at times second by second but I know that I am never alone. Worshipping Him in song and His word is honestly what keeps me sane & brings me peace. 

"The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be STILL." Exodus 14:14  Be STILL, that one word brings such peace & strength, it's like God is whispering to me.... "just sit back/rest/be still I got this"

“My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the Lord“And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways
 and my thoughts higher than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:8-9


Desert Song
This is my prayer in the desert
And all that's within me feels dry
This is my prayer in the hunger in me
My God is a God who provides

And this is my prayer in the fire
In weakness or trial or pain
There is a faith proved
Of more worth than gold
So refine me Lord through the flames

And I will bring praise
I will bring praise
No weapon forged against me shall remain

I will rejoice
I will declare
God is my victory and He is here

And this is my prayer in the battle
And triumph is still on it's way
I am a conqueror and co-heir with Christ
So firm on His promise I'll stand

All of my life
In every season
You are still God
I have a reason to sing
I have a reason to worship


This is my prayer in the harvest
When favor and providence flow
I know I'm filled to be emptied again
The seed I've received I will sow

No comments:

Post a Comment